Modern Band Method – Drums, Book 1
The Modern Band Method series provides a guided lesson plan for the absolute beginner, complete with audio tracks, video lessons, and many popular songs by the biggest artists of the day! This drum method works in tandem with the other instrument methods in the series, allowing students to play the same songs together as a full band!
Drum lessons include:
- How to hold your drumsticks
- Proper hand and feet techniques
- Limb independence
- Reading notes and rhythms
- Rock, pop, Latin, funk, hip hop and island grooves
- Articulations and timbre explorations
- Auxiliary percussion instruments
- Composing a song
- Writing lyrics
Songs include: Best Day of My Life • Can’t Stop the Feeling! • I Gotta Feeling • Oye Como Va • Someone like You • Umbrella • Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) • Zombie • and more.